Last Revised: April 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
In the course of using the Career Sparks website, we may collect your email addresses for email communication, including programming, payment information for purchases and donations, and certain personal information when you sign up to be a volunteer. Visitors to the website are welcome to opt-in to receive email communication about Career Sparks, including updates and marketing-centered messaging. Visitors can opt-out of this messaging by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email. We may also aggregate non-personal information about how the website is used. We use IP addresses which are not linked to personal information of any individual user to analyze trends, administer our website, track volume of usage, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use; this information helps us measure the number of visitors to various sections of this website and to help make the website and content more useful.
Career Sparks does not sell names or other personal information about our members, website users, and subscribers to mass marketers or any other entity, nor do we engage in exchanges of such information. We do not share donor information with other organizations. Online credit card purchases and donations are processed through a third party service provider and we do not retain, store, sell or share any of your credit card, payment-related, or other personal information.
We protect our database by means of various technical and procedural measures, and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We request our third-party service providers to comply with confidentiality requirements and to not use your personal information for marketing purposes without your consent.
We reserve the right to use personal information to protect the security and integrity of our website; to protect against a threat to personal safety or destruction of property; to protect against legal liability; or to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may also share personal information with our successors and assigns in accordance with law.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN (“STUDENTS”)
When signing up for membership, a parent has the option to include their child’s full name, grade, school name and email (to communicate about upcoming Live Spark Encounters). At any time, you may request Career Sparks to delete your child’s contact information. To do so, please email [email protected].
NOTES FOR PARENTS
Parents are encouraged to click on How to Encounter to understand the Spark Encounter their child will be experiencing. Students that are Distance Learning will receive a classroom link directly from their teacher that will connect them to the Live Spark Encounter from their own devices.
Live Spark Encounters are virtually connected and recorded on the video conferencing platform. The recorded version is later edited to ensure the removal of images and voices of all students. A child’s question may be translated into text in the recorded version, without any identifying information, so that the text and question many be maintained to the recorded archives. Only adults, including guest speakers, host, co-hosts and teachers THAT may ask questions are included in the edited recording. The edited recording is made available for all members to view on the “On-Demand” section of the website. Live and On-Demand Spark Encounters may be shared by a teacher to his/her classroom or by a youth organization leader to his/her youth organization. Please note the following:
- Participants are muted throughout the Live Spark Encounter with the exception of host, co-hosts, guest speakers, teachers and students who elect to ask questions verbally.
- Participant video features are automatically turned off when entering a Live Spark Encounter. After entry, participants may enable video.
- At any time during the Live Spark Encounter you can disable video or audio controls in Zoom.
- The chat feature between participants is not available.
- Participants, including students, may chat publicly and/or directly with host/co-hosts during the Live Spark Encounter when questions are asked by host or speakers.
- Students may interact with guest speakers by asking questions or share information about themselves. However, please note that in the edited version, all student images and voices are removed.
- Students may also use the chat feature to ask a question. For example, a student may chat a question to the host and the host will verbally ask guest speakers “Jack asks…how do you become an astronaut?”.
- Recording of Live Spark Encounters by participants on any device including but not limited to smart phones, iPads or cameras is prohibited.
- Teachers, school administration, parents and organization leaders are responsible for obtaining all licenses and other permissions, including school and organization policy permissions required to allow participation in Live Spark Encounters. Career Sparks is not responsible for the failure of a teacher, school administration, parent and/or organization leader to obtain licenses, permissions or comply with any applicable laws, rules or regulations. You agree to not share any Career Spark recordings with any third parties. Other than host, co-hosts, guest speakers, classroom teachers, teacher aides, classroom volunteers and organization leaders that facilitate the showing of Live Spark Encounters to their classrooms and youth organizations, no other adults, including community members (“Sparkler Supporters”) are permitted to participate in any Live Spark Encounter. Parents or caregivers of student members may aid the child in connecting to the video conferencing platform, however, they may not participate in the Live Spark Encounter. If your child needs special assistance from a parent or caregiver to participate in a Live Spark Encounter, please submit such request to [email protected] for approval.
Career Sparks offers a community forum on its website to share student works, photographs and experiences. Use of Career Sparks community forum is voluntary, but please note that any information shared is available to all members without restriction.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ANTI-SPAM POLICY AND YOUR OPT-OUT RIGHTS
We are committed to permission-based communication and preventing the spread of spam or other forms of unsolicited emails. You may unsubscribe from receiving emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of Career Sparks generated email communication or by visiting your account "settings". Please contact Career Sparks Membership at [email protected] to request deletion of your full data from our website.
COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Career Sparks takes precautions to host and maintain a secure website and to safeguard data from unauthorized use. We undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help restrict web access to or inappropriate use of sensitive data.
YOUR CONSENT AND QUESTIONS