TERMS OF SERVICE
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Revised: April 2021
Welcome to the CareerSparks.org Website (the “Website”), operated by Career Sparks (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are a nonprofit that provides students the opportunity to engage and interact with real-world career professionals within their own work environments in a virtual, interactive setting. The specific objectives and purpose of this organization is:
- to provide consistent opportunities for students to engage with career professionals.
- to communicate to students, the education, skill, training & commitment requirements needed to obtain specific professional careers.
- to create tools & resources to students to define their interests and further their exploration into various career fields.
- to provide tools & resources to students to expand their exposure & knowledge of higher education.
- to provide activities that support & motivate exploration of careers among students.
By accessing the Website and through its mobile platforms and related services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. You will be subject to any additional terms applicable to services that may be included in our Private Policy.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify these Terms of Service at any time.
MEMBER CONTACT INFORMATION
Upon signing up for membership to Career Sparks, you agree to provide complete, accurate and current information about yourself, as requested in the “Check-Out” section of this Website.
MEMBER LOG-IN AND PASSWORD
Each member receives one unique user log-in and creates an individual password which shall not be shared with anyone, including non-members to gain access. Failure to do so will result in membership being revoked. The social conferencing platform used for Live Spark Encounters requires registration that is unique to individual users with an embedded passcode and will not allow duplication. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in/password and any activity that occurs under your log-in/password. Upon any security breach or unauthorized use of your log-in/password, you agree to notify Career Sparks immediately.
TEACHER AND YOUTH ORGANIZATION PARTICIPANTS
Teacher and Youth Organization Membership includes one user log-in per member with a max participation of 40 students per membership. Teacher and Youth Organization Bundled Membership includes 10 user log-ins with a max participation of 400 students (10 log-ins x 40 students per classroom/youth organization). Teachers that are distance learning receive a Zoom classroom link to share with their students for access on their own devices. Parents are encouraged to click on How to Encounter to understand the Spark Encounter their child will be experiencing.
Live Spark Encounters are virtually connected and recorded on the video conferencing platform. The recorded version is later edited to ensure the removal of images and voices of all students. A child’s question may be translated into text in the recorded version, without any identifying information, so that the text and question many be maintained to the recorded archives. Only adults, including guest speakers, host, co-hosts and teachers THAT may ask questions are included in the edited recording. The edited recording is made available for all members to view on the “On-Demand” section of the website. Live and On-Demand Spark Encounters may be shared by a teacher to his/her classroom or by a youth organization leader to his/her youth organization. Please note the following:
- Participants are muted throughout the Live Spark Encounter with the exception of host, co-hosts, guest speakers, teachers and students who elect to ask questions verbally.
- Participant video features are automatically turned off when entering a Live Spark Encounter. After entry, participants may enable video.
- At any time during the Live Spark Encounter you can disable video or audio controls in Zoom.
- The chat feature between participants is not available.
- Participants, including students, may chat publicly and/or directly with host/co-hosts during the Live Spark Encounter when questions are asked by host or speakers.
- Students may interact with guest speakers by asking questions or share information about themselves. However, please note that in the edited version, all student images and voices are removed.
- Students may also use the chat feature to ask a question. For example, a student may chat a question to the host and the host will verbally ask guest speakers “Jack asks…how do you become an astronaut?”.
- Recording of Live Spark Encounters by participants on any device including but not limited to smart phones, iPads or cameras is prohibited.
- Teachers, school administration, parents and organization leaders are responsible for obtaining all licenses and other permissions, including school and organization policy permissions required to allow participation in Live Spark Encounters. Career Sparks is not responsible for the failure of a teacher, school administration, parent and/or organization leader to obtain licenses, permissions or comply with any applicable laws, rules or regulations. You agree to not share any Career Spark recordings with any third parties. Other than host, co-hosts, guest speakers, classroom teachers, teacher aides, classroom volunteers and organization leaders that facilitate the showing of Live Spark Encounters to their classrooms and youth organizations, no other adults, including community members (“Sparkler Supporters”) are permitted to participate in any Live Spark Encounter. Parents or caregivers of student members may aid the child in connecting to the video conferencing platform, however, they may not participate in the Live Spark Encounter. If your child needs special assistance from a parent or caregiver to participate in a Live Spark Encounter, please submit such request to [email protected] for approval.
Members are required to pay all applicable fees in U.S. dollar currency for services offered on this Website. Member hereby authorizes Career Sparks (and its payment processors) to charge member’s credit card, as stated in the Career Sparks membership check-out. The first payment will be processed immediately after checkout. Members will maintain Website access until their membership is cancelled or the membership is revoked manually. Member agrees that all memberships are recurring and will renew automatically until the member cancels their membership (both monthly and annual memberships). Members shall be responsible for all taxes associated with the services other than U.S. taxes based on Career Sparks’ net income. Live Spark Encounters are scheduled through the Academic School Year (September - June) and break during the summer months (July - August). However, On-Demand Spark Encounters are available year-round.
PAYMENT BY CHECK
Schools and organizations have the option to pay by check by filling out an "Invoice Request Form". After check has been received by Career Sparks, access to the website will continue after the free 14 day trial has ended. If check has not been received, Website access will be suspended until check is received. Checks are payable to "Career Sparks" and mailed to Attn: Billing Dept: 2355 Westwood Blvd. #656, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
Membership can be cancelled at any time by following these steps:
- Log-in to member account.
- Click on member avatar in the top right of the page.
- Select Settings from the dropdown.
- Click Billing Info in the top right of the page.
- If cancelling Stripe monthly auto-payment: select the cancel button.
- If cancelling Paypal monthly auto-payment:
- Click Payments in the top menu.
- Select Manage Automatic Payments under the "Automatic payments" section.
- Select Career Sparks in the left sidebar.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Once confirmed, member will lose access to their Offer Subscription at the end of the current billing cycle.
Career Sparks does not offer prorated refunds for cancelled memberships (both monthly and annual memberships).
All memberships are recurring and will automatically renew after the end of each paid membership period until the member cancels their membership (both monthly and annual memberships).
Career Sparks can modify or revoke membership at any time with or without notice and is not liable for such changes to membership or service.
FREE 14 DAY TRIAL
Career Sparks offers a free 14 day trial. Upon the trial ending, you will be charged for membership. You may cancel your trial at any time. Your free trial cannot be paused, reinstated or repeated.
USE OF PUBLICATIONS, TRADEMARKS AND LOGOS
We may provide information and resources on Career Sparks Website including press releases, member works/stories/photographs, and reports, newsletters, video broadcasts, e-newsletters, quarterly updates, annual reports, and interviews with personnel, board members and community partners, and volunteers (collectively, (“Publications”). Unless otherwise expressly stated, all content provided on the Website is intellectual property that belongs to us. You agree to not sell, resell, exploit, display, distribute, reproduce, copy, license, publish, duplicate, modify, transfer or upload any portion of this Website or service or access to this service. You may request to copy, distribute, adapt, and transmit content from this Website solely for not for-profit or educational purposes, provided that the use contains the following attribution: “Reproduced with permission of Career Sparks”. Requests can be made at [email protected] and need to be approved by an Officer of Career Sparks. You may not suggest any other relationship, endorsement or affiliation with us unless you obtain express written permission. For any other use, you must obtain express written permission from us. You may not use or duplicate any Career Sparks logos or trademarks without express written permission from us. To request permission for use of copyrighted material, trademarks, or logos, send an email to [email protected].
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Links on the Website that lead to outside services and resources are provided for convenience only. We do not control the accuracy or availability of the those outside services and resources. Career Sparks does not endorse those organizations or the information provided by other organizations. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
We respect copyright and trademark laws. Third-party material may appear on our site, and those creators retain all rights to their works, except where noted.
Though we strive to keep the information available on the Website current and accurate, errors can occur. We provide the information on the Website with no representations or guarantees of accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. Career Sparks will not be liable to you or any other person for any damages that result from the use or inability to use the Website, or as a result of any content, information, services, or resources made available through the Website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees and volunteers from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to, arising out of, or related to your use of this Website, the violation of these 2 Terms of Service by you, or the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
ABOUT THESE TERMS
General Provisions If we do not immediately take action to address a violation of these Terms of Service, we are not waiving our rights to take action in the future. If any particular provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be severable and will not affect any of the other provisions. This Website is owned and operated by us from our offices in California. Your use of the Website, and any related legal action, will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The sole jurisdiction for any litigation arising out of your use of or inquiries to the Website will be an appropriate federal or state court located in Los Angeles, California.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
We reserve the right to make changes to any information or services on the Website, including these Terms of Service, without notice to you. The most current Terms of Service will be posted here on the Website and will be effective upon posting. The Effective Date will be posted with the most current Terms of Service. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of these Terms of Service.
For questions regarding these Terms of Service, please email us at [email protected] or call 501-500-4090.