HOW TO ENCOUNTER
Follow this quick step-by-step guide to learn how to participate in a Live Spark Encounter.
If you are a teacher looking for a comprehensive lesson plan, just navigate to the Resources page. You'll find a student-centered lesson plan with creative and interactive grade level activities that meet learning standards in a fun and exciting way.
STEP 1: Visit the Join Live page on careersparks.org.
- Share the Classroom Link and Passcode specific for your Live Spark Encounter with your students so they can either join on their own devices or view from your classroom device (monitor/screen).
STEP 2: Visit the Resources page to download a lesson plan and grade level activities specific to the Live Spark Encounter you are preparing for, including:
- Career Briefs
- Drawing and Writing Prompt Worksheets
- Career Score Cards
- Resume Builder
STEP 3: Enjoy the Live Spark Encounter!
- Just click on the Classroom Link and enter the Passcode to view on your classroom monitor/screen or tell students to access the Classroom Link and enter the Passcode on their own devices,
- STEP 4: Show us your Sparkler Pride by sharing your completed work from the Resources page with the Sparkler Community.
If you missed a Live Spark Encounter, no worries, just visit On-Demand to view our library of past Spark Encounters. The On-Demand library is a great resource to plan an encounter on your schedule.
VIEW A DEMO
See quick snapshots of past Spark Encounters in action by clicking below.DEMO
ZOOM CONNECTION TIPS
- If you have any trouble connecting, you can always refer to these Zoom Connection Tips.
- Once you are in the Zoom meeting, you'll have the option of testing your audio. You’ll be able to see and hear yourself. If everything looks and sounds good, you’re set!
- Make sure that all programs that utilize your computer’s camera, such as Facetime are closed.
- If you hear an echo, make sure you are not accessing zoom with multiple devices like a cell phone and laptop.
- If your connection is choppy or frozen, you’re probably having wifi issues. Just check your internet connection.