HOW TO ENCOUNTER
Follow this quick step-by-step guide to learn how to participate in a Live Spark Encounter.
If you are a teacher looking for a comprehensive lesson plan, just navigate to the Resources page. You'll find a student-centered lesson plan with creative and interactive grade level activities that meet learning standards in a fun and exciting way.
STEP 1: Save your spot by registering for a Live Spark Encounter.
- Navigate to Join Live, sign-in and click the registration button which will route you to a quick Zoom registration page.
Once registered, you will receive an email from Zoom, including your unique Join Link and Passcode, along with a Classroom Link and Passcode (specific for students that are distance learning).
STEP 2: Visit the Resources page to download a lesson plan and grade level activities specific to the Live Spark Encounter you are preparing for, including:
- Career Briefs
- Drawing and Writing Prompt Worksheets
- Career Score Cards
- Resume Builder
STEP 3: Enjoy the Live Spark Encounter!
- Click on your Zoom Join Link and enter your Passcode. Do not share your link with anyone, as it is unique to you and directly linked to your email.
- Teachers: Make sure your students are accessing the Classroom Link and entering the Passcode.
STEP 4: Show us your Sparkler Pride by sharing your completed work from the Resources page with the Sparkler Community.
If you missed a Live Spark Encounter, no worries, just visit On-Demand to view our library of past Spark Encounters. The On-Demand library is a great resource to plan an encounter on your schedule.
VIEW A DEMO
See a Spark Encounter in action with this short demo from Gaming Giants, featuring two career professionals in the video game industry.DEMO
ZOOM CONNECTION TIPS
- If you lost your Zoom Join Link, no worries, just register again and Zoom will send you your original, unique link.
- Once you are in the Zoom meeting, you'll have the option of testing your audio. You’ll be able to see and hear yourself. If everything looks and sounds good, you’re set!
- Make sure that all programs that utilize your computer’s camera, such as Facetime are closed.
- If you hear an echo, make sure you are not accessing zoom with multiple devices like a cell phone and laptop.
- If your connection is choppy or frozen, you’re probably having wifi issues. Just check your internet connection.